Saturday, December 8, 2012

Conclusion


   During this process I organized artists according to theme and found it rather enjoyable, finding similarities through different time periods, countries and media types. It took some time and  careful process but I think it all came together rather nicely. The theme came to me pretty easily, I found myself enjoying more simplistic pieces compared to the more complex - the amount of thought and feelings towards any of these pieces can be so vastly different from person to person that I find it more interesting than the pieces (at times).

    As curator I feel the job was very interesting and thought provoking, I think at least it is a good example of  my tastes and the way art speaks to me, and how it has changed and yet stayed the same throughout history.  Art is a wonderful source of stirring up controversy, thought, and even conversation. From a simple square, color, brush stroke so much can be created!
         
            "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
         Vincent Van Gogh
                                                  "A picture is worth a thousand words."
                                                                Napoleon Bonaparte

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
            Scott Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment